Sajid Hashmi - Senior Partner
Mr. Sajid Farooq Hashmi has obtained his LLM degree in Computer and Communications Law from University of London, UK and Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Financial Law from College for Commercial Law Studies, Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London.
Mr. Sajid Farooq Hashmi has extensive experience in Corporate and Commercial Law, Information Technology and Internet Law, Telecommunications and Media Law. Mr. Hashmi has years of international experience having worked with law firms and commercial organizations in the UK. He has played a key role in a major Public Listed Company’s acquisition and led the firm’s legal work.
Scope of Work and Major Assignments
- Negotiating, drafting and vetting legal contracts including IRU agreements, Infrastructure, services and subsidy agreements, master services agreements, joint venture and Master transaction services agreements, Upstream vendor agreements and downstream distribution and franchise agreements, strategic services and affinity partnership agreements, cable operators agreements, legal opinions, monitoring corporate, legal and regulatory compliances, managing and conducting litigation brokering compromises, reviewing proposed legislations and protecting industry’s interests, liaison with external legal counsel(s) and drafting and reviewing legal cases and constitutional petitions.
- Indefeasible Right of Use (IRU) Agreements -negotiated, drafted and executed the IRU and associated Operations and Maintenance agreements between major Telecommunications operators and Customers-approximately USD 100 million.
- USF-Reviewed and finalized bidding documents and contracts with Universal Service Fund (USF) having contract value in billions.
- Negotiated, drafted and finalized Vendor Agreements (supply, services and O & M agreements) between Telecom Operators including Wateen Telecom, Huawei Technologies (Pvt) Limited and ZTE for an amount of over USD 20 million.
- Executed reviewed, drafted and finalized bandwidth procurement contracts including Seattleite capacity with PTCL, TWA and SpaceCom for USD 10 million.
- Leading and managing conversion of Companies from Private to public limited, listing in Stock Exchange(s) and Initial Public Offering etc.
- Corporate Governance - monitoring compliance of Companies Ordinance, code of corporate governance, listing regulations, telecom and media laws, rules and regulations, terms and conditions of the licenses, post-performance of contracts including USF and the SROs and SOP’s issued by the Regulatory Authorities including SECP, State Bank, PTA, PEMRA and proposing legal and regulatory amendments to them and presenting industry stance on concept/working papers initiated by the regulatory authorities.
- Constitutional Petitions.
- Transfer of WLL Licenses for realignment / reconstruction of business units and business consolidation.
- Debt Restructuring
The partners believe in sound commercial advice, delivered with total professional commitment, integrity, diligence, responsiveness and care. The firm’s business is founded upon client satisfaction. The firm continues to strive to improve the services offered and, where appropriate, work with the clients to establish agreed service standards. The partners understand that due to differences in size, work culture, geographical locations, and business outlook, the expectations and needs of clients vary, and the partners make their best efforts to meet the expectations.